Friday, July 5, 2013

Lacy Stitch for a Scarf


Here is another quick and easy lace stitch.

Even though autumn is still some time away, I plan to make myself a lacy scarf using this pattern. I have a very beautiful olive green wool yarn that my sister-in-law bought me some time ago. I think that yarn and this pattern will make a lovely scarf.




Shell in this pattern: (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) all in same space.



Multiple of 12, plus 6 for symmetry, plus 4



Row 1: shell in 6th ch from hook, *ch 3, skip 5 ch, sc in next ch, ch 3, skip 5 ch, shell in next ch* across, skip 3 ch, dc in last ch.



Row 2: ch 6, turn; *sc in next shell, ch 3, shell in next sc, ch 3* across, end with sc in last shell, ch 3, dc in last dc.



Row 3: ch 3, turn; *shell in next sc, ch 3, sc in next shell, ch 3,* across, end with shell in next sc, dc into 3rd ch of turning ch-6.



Repeat Rows 2-3.

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your scarf. By the pattern it looks like it will be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo el año pasado hice una bufanda con ese punto y quedo preciosa!!! a ti seguro que tambien te quedara ideal!!un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Хороший узор и интересно какая получится шаль.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful pattern, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sehr schön! Danke!
    Liebe Grüße,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty and I bet the scarf will be beautiful! I think this pattern could also work well for a light spring/summer baby blanket! Thanks for writing out the instructions. Definitely bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mahalo for sharing. This is such a pretty stitch. Found your blog on Bloglovin' while perusing around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I linked to your pattern on my blog, thanks so much for sharing it!

    http://www.threads.ionyka.net/?p=444

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I LOVE this stitch and thanks for the pattern! I will try and make a scarf. Thanks.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! What size crochet hook, weight yarn and amt of yarn do you suggest/

    ReplyDelete