Thursday, May 7, 2015

Crossed Double Crochets Stitch Tutorial



Here is a fun, easy, and quick to make crochet stitch. It was my mom who showed it to me. 

Moreover, she's made a beautiful baby blanket using this stitch. I will share it in my next post. 

But today, with tons of pictures I will show you how to make this stitch. The best part is that only one row needs to be repeated!


The stitch is a multiple of 3, plus 1

To make the swatch shown in this post, I started with ch 37.



Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next ch,



go back and make dc in skipped ch prior to 1st dc,



just like this,



*skip next ch, dc in next 2 ch, 



 go back and make dc in ch skipped*, 


repeat the instructions between the asterisks across,


dc in last ch.



Row 2: ch 3, turn;


*skip next dc, dc in next 2 dc, 

 go back and make dc in skipped dc*,





 repeat the instructions between the asterisks across,



dc in top of turning ch.




Repeat Row 2.




That's it! 



I'm linking this post to
You Are Gonna Love It Link Party @ Kathe With an E
Brag About It Tuesday Link Party @ VMG206
Fluster Buster Creative Muster Link Party @ Fluster Buster
Turn it up Tuesday @ Sew Crafty Angel

13 comments:

  1. Hello Olga, I love this stitch for a baby blanket. I used this stitch many years ago to make a blanket and it gives nice results. Thanks for sharing the tutorial for stitch! Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pattern !!! I have to try this...
    Have a shinny day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever!! What a lovely stitch that makes, perfect for blankets or scarves I imagine. Thank you for sharing your tutorial/pattern with us, it is very clear indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Olga, what a beautiful pattern! I hope you are doing well, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this stitch before. Very pretty! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful stitch.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever and pretty, too! Thank your mother for us, Olga. Another page to bookmark for future reference when I want something fun to make! Might even practice the stitch this evening. Have a blessed week! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  8. que punto mas bonito!!!! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do such amazing work! So happy to find your site at Wake up Weds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool. It is simple. And pretty. I'm pinning if you don't mind. I want to add this stitch to my stitch sampler blanket. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Olga! I tried out this pretty stitch and have just shared about it on my blog, with links to your two posts. It's a fun stitch and I hope to use it again! Thanks for sharing the pattern! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Olga, This is a clever stich. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if it works as a granny-square... something to try. Anna

    ReplyDelete