Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Simple Baby Beanie with Scalloped Edging, Free Crochet Pattern


It was my mom who taught me to crochet when I was a little girl. As a child it was one of my favorite pastimes. I made crocheted clothes for all of my dolls and teddy bears.

The hat bellow is similar to the ones I made for my dolls long time ago. It is made using double crochets and is super easy.







This pattern is my original design and it cannot be redistributed. However, you have the permission to sell finished items made from this pattern.



Size: 0-3 months



Measurements: about 14 inches in circumference and 5 inches in height



Skill Level: Beginner



Materials:
US Hook size G/6 (4.25 MM) 


Bernat Softee Baby yarn, about 70 yards



Gauge: first 3 rounds = 3.75 inches in diameter



Abbreviations:



ch chain



sl st slip stitch



dc double crochet



* * Instructions between asterisks should be repeated as many times as there are stitches to accommodate them.



Ch 5, join in ring with sl st.



Round 1: ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), 11 dc in ring; join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-3. (12 dc)



Round 2: ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), dc in same beginning space, 2 dc in each dc around; join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-3. (24 dc)



Round 3: same as Round 2. (48 dc)



Round 4: ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), dc in each dc around. (48 dc)



Rounds 5-10: repeat Round 4.



Round 11: *ch 3, 2 dc in same space, skip next 2 dc, sl st in next dc* around.



Fasten off.



More baby hat patterns from my shop:







8 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for the pattern! I think I might try this for some of my hats I make for the newborns at the hospital. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I forwarded it to my mom who makes baby items for a Crisis Pregnancy Center. I think she will really like it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do I switch colors at round 11?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the relatively cold and winter season, people will need to cover their head, face, and ears with a gentle and thin garment. private label beanies

    ReplyDelete