Sunday, April 7, 2019

Lilac Lace Spring Scarf Free Crochet Pattern and Video Tutorial


I am really enjoying making scarves in beautiful lace designs and delicate spring colors right now. 

For my next scarf I chose soft lilac color. I used one skein of Snuggly Wuggly by Loops & Threads yarn and a hook size G (4.25 mm).


For the stitch pattern I used a combination of chains, double crochets, and puff stitches. 


The scarf can be easily made into an infinity scarf. Don't make the last row, and simply stitch the ends together. Make sure to flip one end to the other side to form a twist. 



I hope you will enjoy my pattern. I filmed a video tutorial for it as well. I only recently started my Youtube channel, and I greatly appreciate my new followers and supporters! Thank you! 

Feel free to leave me comments either here or on Youtube regarding what kind of crochet videos you would like to see in the future! 

Happy crocheting! 




Lilac Lace Spring Scarf

Olga Poltava © April, 2019

Skill Level: Advanced Beginner 

Finished measurements: about 67 inches long and 7.5 inches wide

Materials: 
Snuggly Wuggly by Loops & Threads, one skein, 446 yards 
Crochet hook size G/6 (4.25 mm)

Special stitches: 
puff stitch: (yarn over, insert hook, draw up a loop) 4 times in same stitch, yarn over, draw through 9 loops 

Multiple of 10, plus 3.


Ch 33. 

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next 2 ch, 2 dc in next ch, ch 1, skip next ch, 2 dc in next ch, dc in next 3 ch, *ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next 3 ch, 2 dc in next ch, ch 1, skip next ch, 2 dc in next ch, dc in next 3 ch* across, end with dc in last ch. 

Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc in 1st st , ch 3, (puff, ch 2, puff, ch 2, puff) all in next ch-1 space, ch 3, *sc in next ch-1 space, ch 3, (puff, ch 2, puff, ch 2, puff) all in next ch-1 space, ch 3* across, end with sc in top of turning ch. 

Row 3: ch 4, turn, skip next ch-3 spaces, 5 dc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, 5 dc in next ch-2 space, *ch 1, skip ch-3 spaces, 5 dc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, 5 dc in next ch-2 space* across, end with tr in last sc. 

Repeat Rows 2-3 for the pattern. End with Row 2.

Last Row: ch 3, turn, 2 dc in next ch-3 spaces, dc in top of next puff stitch, 2 dc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, skip next puff stitch, 2 dc in next ch-2 space, dc in top of next puff stitch, 2 dc in next ch-3 space, *ch 1, skip next sc, 2 dc in next ch-3 space, dc in top of next puff stitch, 2 dc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, skip next puff stitch, 2 dc in next ch-2 space, dc in top of next puff stitch, 2 dc in next ch-3 space* across, end with dc in last sc. 

Fasten off. 

3 comments:

  1. Olga, This is absolutely gorgeous!
    I love it in this beautiful shade of purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ua bufanda preciosa y un color ideal!!!un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is so pretty and I like the stitch you used to make it.

    ReplyDelete