Tuesday, February 2, 2021

My Tree of Life Afghan, Crochet Pattern from Lion Brand Yarn

Hello blog friends, 

I am excited to share with you the project I recently finished! It's the Tree of Life Afghan from the Lion Brand Yarn website! 

I am really into trees! Somehow trees make me very happy! 

This afghan had been on my mind for a long time! You too probably have seen it online! So many people have made it! And now I join the ranks!

I did it! I crocheted myself a Tree of Life Afghan!


 I didn't use the recommended Lion Brand yarn, but instead I used what I already had in my stash - Impeccable by Loops & Threads.  My afghan took about 3500 yards of yarn, which is about 13 balls of 4.5 oz each.

I made my afghan a bit longer than the one in the pattern (I simply added more rows of flowers in the middle panel). I worked with a hook size H (5 mm). 



 


I absolutely love the way my afghan turned out! This was a long process, which took over half a year! 

I started this project in summer of 2020 and finished it in January 2021!

Here is a video of me working on this afghan back in September 2020. 






8 comments:

  1. Hi Olga,
    Your Tree of Life Afghan is exquisite!! What a work of art! Thank you for the video. It was exactly what I needed on a little break in the middle of my afternoon of work on a cold, snowy Midwestern afternoon.
    Much love to you,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, well done on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful as is all of your work! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so beautiful, just perfect. You did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete