Sunday, February 19, 2012

Doily of the Week #13: Pink for Spring

Spring has definitely arrived to my town! Many trees are in bloom, and daffodils, narcissuses, cyclamens, and hyacinths stick out here and there around the neighborhood.



I am in a spring mood too (and I even started my spring cleaning), so I picked this pink doily to share today. I associate this doily with spring because its pale pink color reminds me of pink tulips and pink hyacinths.

I crocheted this doily last year. I remember that the pattern was from a Russian crochet magazine, but I don’t remember its name.

16 comments:

  1. I think its so pretty! I have been thinking about trying a doily, have only crochet with yarn. What do you think would be a good first time pattern?
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can start with something small like a mini doily or doily-coaster.

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful. We still have a couple of months before anything blooms in our area and I can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Olga gracias por tu visita y tu comentario pero quiero decirte que me enamore de ese color la carpeta es tan femenina y delicada en ese color divina ♥ besos Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I wish spring would come here. It warms up, but then cools off again.

    What lovely work you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! And my very favorite color!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beauuuuuuuuutiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh !!! It's very very beautiful !!!!!!!!!

    Kisses from Barcelona ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty and delicate.. Soft and beautiful
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. So delicate... beautiful, indeed....
    Have a nice week.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Olga,
    I love your soft pink color choice, and your work is always perfect! Flowers are popping up here too, isn't it wonderful!!! If I haven't said so before... I really love your header, so beautiful and happy:-)
    I am sorry you were sick for Valentines day, we were too!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Witam! Piękna , delikatna serwetka!!! Miłego dnia:)))

    ReplyDelete