Monday, November 18, 2013

Angel Wings Pinafore Newborn Dress









Isn’t this baby dress adorable? It was designed by Maxine Gonser, and the pattern is available for free. Click here for the pattern.

I so much enjoyed crocheting this dress. For me there is always something very special and touching about crocheting for little ones.

My husband and I have friends who are expecting their second child some time around Thanksgiving. They don’t know the gender of the baby as they want it to be a surprise. Their first child is a boy, so they have all the needed baby clothing for another boy. However, if they have a baby girl, a girl’s attire will be appreciated. 

So I secretly hope for a baby girl. I’d love to give this lovely dress to her (as well as a few other crocheted goodies).




More baby dress patterns from my shop:






18 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a preicous gift for you to make for them. I hope it is a girl. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby girl dresses are my favorite thing to crochet. So much fun! Yours turned out so cute in the pink yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is A dorable....a beautiful heart made gift and so pretty in pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress it's on my to do list, yours has turned out so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pattern is a favorite of mine. I've made a few of those little dresses. Love yours! It looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a lovely dress, but I'm intrigued by the lacy crochet spread under it! Any details? :-) tnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was made by my husband's great-grandmother. I made a post about here: http://lacycrochet.blogspot.com/2013/01/crocheted-vintage-piece.html

      Delete
  8. Oh! Its so cute and lovely. Lucky baby whoever gets to wear it :) Thanks for sharing the pattern. The best thing about you. You either share the pattern or provide the link from where you got it. Thanks Olga

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ольга, красивое платье и если у ваших друзей будет девочка, то будет отличный подарок!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute little dress! if your friends have a girl they will love this dress :)

    Lisa
    www.needlesandwool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Olga realmente para un ángel bellisimo, muy suave y delicado bello trabajo ♥ besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can anyone help me pls? I dont know how to crochet shell. Im following the instruction in the 5th step but as i finish it. Its more than 43 shells? Pls help me what wrong with my crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      In the original pattern, Row 5 says:

      5) ch 3. turn. dc in the same st. * skip next st. shell (2dc ch 2 2dc) in next st. repeat from * to end 2dc on top of ch 3 43 shells

      The shell is made by (2dc, ch 2, 2dc) in next st.

      Hope it helps. Sorry, I wasn't able to reply sooner. Good luck making your baby dress :-)

      Delete
  13. No where on this pattern can I see the word "join"...feel a little silly here...

    ReplyDelete