Monday, January 27, 2014

Small Pink Doily, My Free Pattern



I’m trying my hand at designing doilies again. After all, that's my biggest crochet passion, which started this blog. 



Here is what I came up with!




This doily measures 7 inches (almost 18 cm) in diameter. I used pink crochet cotton thread size 10, and steel hook size 4 (1.25 mm).

I didn’t have anyone to test the pattern, so if you see any mistakes or something doesn’t make sense, please let me know. Thank you.




Ch 12, join with sl st into ring.


Round 1: Ch 3, dc in ring, *ch 2, 2 dc in ring* 9 times, ch 2, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3.


Round 2: Sl st to next ch-2 space, ch 3, 2 dc in same space, *ch 3, 3 dc in next ch-2 space* 9 times, ch 3, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3.


Round 3: Sl st to next ch-3 space, (ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2dc) all in same space, *ch 2, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) all in next ch-3 space* 9 times, ch 2, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3.


Round 4: Sl st to next ch-2 space, (ch 3, 2 dc) in same space, *ch 3, 3 dc in next ch-2 space* 19 times, ch 3, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3.


Round 5: Ch 3, dc in same space, ch 2, skip next dc, 2 dc in next dc, *ch 7, skip next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 2, skip next dc, 2 dc in next dc* 9 times, ch 7, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3.


Round 6: Ch 3, dc in same space, dc in next dc, ch 2, dc in next ch-2 space, ch 2, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc, *ch 5, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc, ch 2, dc in next ch-2 space, ch 2, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc* 9 times, ch 5, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3.


Round 7: Ch 3, dc in same space, dc in next 2 dc, ch 2, (dc, ch 2, dc) all in next dc, ch 2, dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc, *ch 3, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc, ch 2, (dc, ch 2, dc) all in next dc, ch 2, dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc* 9 times, ch 3, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3.


Round 8: Ch 3, dc in same space, dc in next 3 dc, ch 2, dc in next dc, ch 3, dc in next dc, ch 2, dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc, *ch 1, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 3 dc, ch 2, dc in next dc, ch 3, dc in next dc, ch 2, dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc* 9 times, ch 1, join with sl st into 3rd ch of beg ch-3.


Round 9: ch 2, dc4tog over next 4 dc, ch 6, skip next ch-2, 3 dc in next ch-3, ch 6, dc5tog over next 5 dc, *ch 5, dc5tog over next 5 dc, ch 6, skip next ch-2, 3 dc in next ch-3, ch 6, dc5tog over next 5 dc* 9 times, ch 5, join with sl st to first dc4tog.


Round 10: ch 5, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 5, sc in next dc5tog, *ch 6, sc in next dc5tog, ch 5, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 5, sc in next dc5tog* 9 times, ch 5, join with sl st to 1st ch of beg ch-5.

Fasten off. Block doily.

26 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, I will have to invest in some cotton and have a go.
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Olga, your doilies are always so sweet and you have a lovely flair when designing them, thanks for sharing this one today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sehr schön!
    Danke, für die Anleitung!
    Liebe Grüße,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very nice Olga. You have a great creative mind. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olga, your pink doily is stunning and so pretty! TFS and have a nice day.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Your creations are truly an inspiration, sweet Olga :) Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I've been wanting to try to make a doily for a while, I even have the crochet cotton, and now I have a lovely pattern to try! I'll let you know how I get on...Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, thanks for sharing the pattern!
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/01/diy-shawl-pin-with-buttons.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You designed it very pretty, Olga! Thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pretty pink doily! I love the detail :)
    take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Un encanto y tan pequeña muy hermosa en rosa divina besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Красивая салфетка и узор и цвет! С уважением!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Olga! I linked to you in a post today, hope that's ok. Here's the link... http://sarahsweethearts.blogspot.com/2014/01/this-past-weekend-i-spoke-at-christian.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for a great pattern :-) This is my first time making a doily. Just to clarify, on round 2, there will be 9 ch 2 spaces with 3 dc in each and 1 ch 2 space with 2 dc in it. Is that right? Or should there be 3 dc in all 10 ch 2 spaces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same question. The picture seems to show one with just 2 dc but I've never seenthat in a pattern so I added a dc in the first ch 2 space and it worked fine.

      Delete
    2. Yes, there should be 3 dc in all 10 ch-2 spaces to keep the symmetry. It was my mistake.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the great pattern :) I'm using it to practice doing lace type stuff for the first time and so far it's going pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made your Doily. May I translate your patern in Dutch and place it on to my blog? Of course with all the credits for you and a link to your blog.. :-)

    Thanks for sharing.
    Greetings, Dinah (from the Netherlands.)

    http://www.dinahcreatief.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made your Doily. May I translate your patern in Dutch and place it on to my blog? Of course with all the credits for you and a link to your blog.. :-)

    Thanks for sharing.
    Greetings, Dinah (from the Netherlands.)

    http://www.dinahcreatief.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dinah,

      Yes, absolutely, you may translate the pattern and share it with your readers.

      Sorry, I didn't have a chance to reply earlier.

      Delete
  19. This worked up beautifully! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete