Thursday, May 29, 2014

Doily Love


I can’t really explain why I love doilies so much. It is somewhat old-fashioned, won’t you agree? But then I am myself a rather old-fashioned gal.

I have a big collection of doilies that I have made over several years, and today I want to show you my favorite ones. I don’t have pattern links for all of them, but I do for some.


Sorry, no pattern

Sorry, no pattern


small crochet doily


Sorry, no pattern








Sorry, no pattern

Sorry, no pattern

I love this last photo. I took it a few years ago. It reminds me how I used the lavender to make potpourri and sachets. Unfortunately, my lavender plant died last year. I certainly need to get a new one!

Thank you so much for your comments and compliments on my crochet skirt in the previous post!

I'm linking this post to
Clever Chicks Blog Hop at The Chicken Chick,




13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I may venture into doilies this year myself!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doilies too - all of these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doilies too and I think they are lovely to make, thank yu for the pattern links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. preciosos!!!! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doilies are so special & some are frilly, & some are serious..... but they are so special. It's so great that they are
    making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like you...love doilies...in all colors and pattern...and I collect them...like you...And yours are beautiful !!!!
    Thanks for sharing your treasure !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful doilies! I love the purples! Thanks, for sharing!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful doilies! such intricate needle work. amazing!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Olga! You are such a gifted crocheter and do beautiful work. I like the lavender photo too! Your crocheted skirt is darling as well. Blessings to you and yours for a great week, Bess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog through Pinterest. I am expecting my first baby in September and was searching for a baby afghan pattern to crochet. I was delighted with all of your beautiful patterns and that you are offering them free- thank you! : )

    Your doilies are simply lovely! Before I married I was quite an avid doily crocheter. Hopefully I will find the time again.

    May the LORD bless your day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Olga,
    Let us both be old fashioned in that way but I also LOVE crocheted doilies!
    Yours are all stunning, labor of love.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work! Sad about the lavender though. :( Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete