Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Simple Lace Bookmark Free Crochet Pattern


I have a big collection of crochet bookmarks. And there used to be time when I actually used them! 

Unfortunately, no more! 

No matter how many times I've promised myself that I'll get back to reading, somehow I just can't. I start a book to read, and never finish it. 


But I continue making crochet bookmarks! It's just fun! 

I use the leftover thread from the doilies I make. 




This bookmark is super easy. No fancy stitches here. But still cute. 




I hope you'll enjoy this pattern! 




Simple Lace Bookmark, Free Crochet Pattern
Olga Poltava © August, 2018


Skill Level: Beginner

Measurements: about 8 inches long, 2 inches wide


Materials:
Steel hook 1.25 mm
Crochet cotton thread size 10, such as Aunt Lydia's, small amount


Gauge: not very important, but the tighter you crochet, the better your bookmark will look.


Abbreviations:
ch: chain
sc: single crochet
dc: double crochet

Ch 24.

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next ch, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, dc in next 2 ch, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, dc in next 2 ch, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, dc in last 3 ch.

Row 2: ch 3, turn, dc in 2nd and 3rd dc, ch 5, dc in next 2 dc, ch 2, dc in next 2 dc, ch 5, dc in next 2 dc, dc in top of turning ch.

Row 3: ch 3, turn, dc in 2nd and 3rd dc, ch 2, sc in 3rd ch of next ch-5, ch 2, dc in next 2 dc, ch 2, dc in next 2 dc, ch 2, sc in 3rd ch of next ch-5, ch 2, dc in next 2 dc, dc in top of turning ch.

Repeat Rows 2-3 until the bookmark measures about 8 inches long (or your desired lengths), ending with Row 3.

Fasten off. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for all of your support, prayers and good wishes for my dad and my family. 
I'm happy to share that my dad is doing much better now. He is in a rehabilitation center right now. He's going to stay there until the end of the month, which is a long time, but the good thing is he is getting 24/7 medical care that he needs there. 

Again, thank you so much! Your comments meant a lot to me. I read and re-read them many times! 


5 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely and simple bookmark! Sometimes it is the simplest things that are the most beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stitch work, I love the delicate design of the bookmark. Thanks for the share, have a fantastic rest of your week. Keep up the posts. Great work.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super pretty, dear Olga! ♥ Thanks for sharing. I think this pattern could be very nice for an airy scarf, too! Sunny greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete