Thursday, August 23, 2018

Fairy of Roses Baby Dress Pattern by Preetha Jeyaram Mohan




This adorable baby dress was designed by Preetha Jeyaram Mohan, and I had the pleasure of testing it. 




I used Caron Simply Soft Light yarn and a hook size E/4 (3.5 mm). 

The pattern is well written and easy to follow. The instructions for the headband are also included in the pattern. 

The pattern is written for size 0-3 months. I was delighted to see that it fit my dolly Lucy (Marie Osmond Baby Ashley collectible doll) perfectly. 






As a little girl, I loved it so much playing with my dolls, making them outfits, dressing them up, making their hair. 

And with the crochet work that I do now, I still sort of get to do that! It was such a delight to dress up my doll in this adorable dress and take these photos!








7 comments:

  1. If I wanted it for a bigger size what size needle would I use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful pattern indeed. You did a lovely job Olga. It fits your doll perfectly. I don't have any babies but I always find it fun to make baby stuff. Oodles of cuteness!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh what a pretty color too. I am a fan of Caron Super Soft, I've never tried the light is it a size 3? Worked up lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, Olga, would make any little girl feel like a princess.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for the baby hats. As you can see I have purchased several patterns. I am 80 years old and partially disabled. I am making hats for a group who donates then to various hospitals. My goal is 20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! And THANK YOU for purchasing my patterns and supporting me as an independent crochet designer. That's a great cause to make baby hats for! Thank you for doing it and best of luck with your goal of 20!

      Delete