Saturday, September 29, 2018

Scarlet Crochet Skirt, Size 3 Crochet Cotton Thread, New Crochet Pattern


Hello crochet friends and fellow bloggers! 

What a busy, busy summer! But I'm happy to share with you my latest project. 

I started working on this skirt back in June. And now in end of September it's finally finished! 


Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread Fashion Size 3 was perfect for this project. It created a fabric that is thick enough to hold shape, but it isn't too heavy or bulky.

I made this skirt in size Small, and it took me 7 balls of thread (150 yards each); that was about 1000 yards of thread in total. 

The skirt is crocheted in one piece. It fits loosely over the hips, then adjusted and tied at the waist with a thin cord. 


I worked with a hook size D/3 (3.25 mm). 

And I chose treble crochets instated of doubles, so that there would be fewer rounds to make. 



I loved the way my skirt looks on the mannequin. But then, pretty much everything looks great on a mannequin! 

But I must say I'm quite satisfied with the way it looks on me. 



I wore it with a black slip underneath, a black top, and black shoes. Red and black looks good together.  






The pattern for this skirt is available in my Etsy, Craftsy, and Ravelry shops. 

The pattern is written for size Small, however it can be easily adjusted to a custom size (the instructions are included in the pattern). 

Since it's a new pattern that I'm trying to promote, for the next few days it's available for 50% off. 



I'm joining this link party: https://annemarieshaakblog.blogspot.com


7 comments:

  1. Świetna spódnica , bardzo mi się podoba :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt is just brilliant. I absolutely love it and the fit is perfect. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful skirt !The outfit is perfect !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skirt! Looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Olga! That's stunning. You have such a great creative mind. Looks great on you too. Red and black is so classic. ♥
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a classy and elegant skirt, Olga. It fits beautifully.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete