Tuesday, August 9, 2022

I started my new project! And I have more crochet tips and tricks to share!


I already started working on my next lacy project using the mercerized cotton yarn that I recently purchased, and for this project I had to start with a very long chain. 393 chains to be exact!

And as I did that, along the way I ran into a few problems, which of course I fixed, but it made me think that I absolutely must share them with you!




Now in my previous tips and tricks video I already shared that it’s a good idea to add a couple of extra chains to your long starting chain. Then those chains can be easily undone if you don’t need them.

That’s exactly what I did when I started my project. And to my astonishment, as I got to the end of the first row, which was 391 dc, I realized I am still missing one chain!

That’s a lot of work to undo!

But luckily, there are ways to add more double crochets to the first row without redoing it entirely. And that’s what I show in this video!




No comments:

Post a Comment