Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lacy Baby Blanket Tutorial, Step 2


In this step we crochet Row 2 and Row 3 of the pattern.


We begin Row 2 by executing the instructions prior to first *, which read:


3 dc in next dc, skip 4 dc, 3 dc in next dc


Next we execute the instructions from * to second *, which read:


*ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 3, 3 dc in next dc, skip 4 dc, 3 dc in next dc*



The picture below shows the instructions from * to second * worked 2 times.


We need to work them a total of 12 times.


After we worked the instructions from * to second * 12 times, what we have left of the previous row is only one dc (actually, it’s a chain, but we are going to refer to turning chains as last dc).



And now we finish Row 2 by executing the instruction after second *, which read:


dc in last dc. Ch 2, turn.


Row 2 is complete!


When you stretch your work on a surface, you should see 13 pattern repeats. The picture below shows 4 pattern repeats.


We can now work on our next row, which is Row 3. This is going to be easy because Row 3 is exactly the same as Row 2.


Here is a close-up.


Once again when you finish Row 3 and stretch your work on a surface, you should see 13 pattern repeats.

The picture below shows 5 pattern repeats. 


We can now see how the pattern begins to form.


I’ll be happy to answer your questions or give further explanations. Let me know in the comments below if you need help with Row 2 and Row 3.

10 comments:

  1. The blanket is very nice. I like this colour, perfect to girl and boy.Thank you for MK.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice pattern! I'm busy making this blanket for an expecting friend. When it's finished I will show you the result! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dziekuje za wzór,pokazane bardzo jasno a kocyk ładny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you made this tutorial, I really wanted to make this beautiful blanket but I was having a problem with the written pattern. I do very little crocheting, so thanks again.

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I am Russian and crocheting is big there, but all the websites give just a scheme with symbols and maximum one sentence to explain, I guess they expect everybody who is looking for a pattern to be a professional!:))) I mean I know the symbols but sometimes it is so confusing! LOL! Your tutorial is amazing! Making the blanket right now for expecting friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm struggling with row 4. Do you have a step by step picture tutorial for it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am at the end of row 3 and do not see where to go next for a DC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am using a size G hook for this blanket and need to know how many stitches I need for the beginning chain.

    ReplyDelete