I can’t believe I’ve been working on this tablecloth for a year now! But finally I’m getting towards the end. I only need to crochet a couple more square motifs!
I already started blocking my motifs. I thought it would be easier to block them separately and then join together rather than blocking the entire big piece.
I don’t use the fancy blocking technique with pins and padded surface. What I do is I wet the motif, gently squeeze the access water, put it on a towel, and smooth and straighten it. Once the motif dries, it looks much better than it did before.
I also started joining the motifs together. This job is even more tedious and boring than crocheting the motifs!
So far I only joined four motifs, but I must tell you I had to redo it twice.
The first time, I noticed that one of the motifs was joined with the wrong side up. So I had to undo it. The second time, I missed one stitch and as the result, the meshes weren’t matching. So I had to undo it again. That was quite frustrating, but at last all the four motifs were joined correctly. By the way, I use slip stitch on the wrong side to join the motifs since I don’t really know of any other way of joining them.
It looks really nice so far. Once all the motifs are joined, I'll start working on the trim (still sounds like a lot of work). Then I will only need to iron the tablecloth (especially the seams) and it will be done!