Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lacy Lilac Bookmark


Reading is one of my favorite past times. I prefer old-fashioned hard copies rather than reading on Ipad or Kindle. And with an actual book, one needs a bookmark. I made myself a few crocheted bookmarks in the past and just now added another one to my collection. 


I used a small amount of leftover size 10 thread in lilac and purple colors. I also used size 10 steel hook. It had been a while since I worked with such small hook, and at first it felt a bit strange and my stitches were coming out clumsy. But soon I got hand of it.



The blue flowers in the pictures are called Blue Nigella. They are in full bloom in my yard now.



Ch 15.

Row 1: (4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in 5th ch from hook, sk 5 ch, (4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in next ch, dc in last ch. Ch 3, turn.

Row 2: *(4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in next ch-3 space* twice, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch-3. Ch 3, turn.

Repeat Row 2 until you have 26 rows it total. Don’t make turning ch 3 at the end of Row 26.

Row 27: Turn, ch 5, sc in next dc, ch 5, sc in 1st dc of the next group of dc, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch-3.

Fasten off. Attach thread of contrasting color in same corner to make border.

Working in end of rows: *3 sc in next space* across, 7 sc in corner space.

Working in original chain: sc in next space where group of dc is made, 5 sc in next ch space, sc in next space where group of dc is made, 6 sc in corner space.

Working in end of rows: *3 sc in next space* across, 7 sc in corner space.

Working in last row: 7 sc in next ch space, 6 sc in corner space. Join with sl st. Fasten off.

If you wish to stiffen your bookmark, you can use spray on starch and hot iron.

I'm linking to
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home,
 
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog

12 comments:

  1. Ciao Olga
    Molto bello ... così la lettura fa ancora più piacere.
    Bye, bye Elli

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty.... Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty. I love books but I still use my iPad now and again.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned it ~ Would love to make these in the near future with some thread I bought for a song at a local shop. I think they would be great for my Bible reading. Thanks for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read books too, but I am, right now, doing my bit to save paper. I have been reading through various ebook readers. But I miss the smell of paper. Thanks for the pattern, again! Its a lovely bookmark, a perfect gift for myself and for all my book worm friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple but so lovely !
    Have a nice weekend.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olga this is quite lovely. I too am an avid {constant} reader. I have made myself a few bookmarks as well. Like you I much prefer a "real" book. I will definitely make one of these. Thanks so much for sharing your pattern. I always love it when you do that :)
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the book mark the color combo is great... i too have made many things in this color combo.... reading books is a great time pass that gives us knowledge.... for so many reasons i couldn't touch the books... i think i'll start happyly after shifting the house.... but the happy thing is i sit by the side of my hubby whenever he reads.... i hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ольга, очаровательная закладка! Я связала пока одну закладку, но хочу связать еще :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love to read books than reading online. Its a lovely bookmark. Its beautiful. As usual Olga

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantástico tu blog y preciosos tus trabajos. Me gusta mucho y volveré a visitarte más veces. Un saludo.
    http://fondodearmariomunecas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Splendido!! Da rifare! Molto molto bello davvero!
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete