Friday, September 18, 2015

Crochet Clusters Tutorial: dc-3-tog, dc-4-tog, tr-5-tog



Crochet clusters are very simple to make. But beginner crocheters might need visual help. So here is a my photo tutorial for you!





I start with a row of single crochets as my base to work my clusters into. 


Beginning dc-3-tog: to make a 3-double crochet cluster, I start with ch 2 (it counts as 1st dc).  


Next I make a dc into the same beginning space, but I don't finish my dc, leaving the last loop on the hook.


And I make another dc into the same space, again leaving its last loop unfinished on the hook.


And finally I draw yarn through all three loops on the hook. Thus, beginning dc-3-tog cluster is made! 


Dc-3-tog: to make my next 3-double crochet cluster I make 3 unfinished double crochets into the same space, now I have four loops on the hook.


I draw yarn through all four loops and my cluster is made!


Beginning dc-4-tog: I start with ch 2 (which counts as 1st dc), then I make three more unfinished double crochets into the same beginning space. I have four loops on the hook. 


I draw yarn through all four loops. The cluster is made!


Dc-4-tog: I work four unfinished double crochets into the same space. Now I have five loops on the hook.


And I draw yarn through all five loops. 


Beginning tr-5-tog: to make this cluster, I start with ch 3 (counts as 1st tr), I make another unfinished tr into the same space.


And I make three more unfinished tr into the same space. I now have five loops on the hook.


I draw yarn through all of them. Cluster is made!


Tr-5-tog: I make five unfinished treble crochets into the same space. I have six loops on the hook.


I draw yarn through all six loops. 


Here is a row of my tr-5-tog clusters. 


And now I'll show you how to make two tr-5-tog clusters into the same space. 

I make a beginning tr-5-tog. 


Ch 5.


And I make another tr-5-tog cluster into the same space.


And again, tr-5-tog, ch 3, tr-5-tog all in same space.


Don't they look lovely?



Wow, that was lots of photos. I hope they will be helpful to my fellow crocheters!

Have a wonderful weekend!


I'm linking to
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog
Crafting Along @ Be a Crafter

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Olga for the refresher tutorial!!! I love all of your creations and you inspire me so much in my crochet attempts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Olga, I will have to try out these stitches. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Olga! You're so generous with all you share. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. bello punto!!! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tutorial gives me hope to attempt a pattern I tried and left undone. Thank you for your help!
    Arlene Bodmer Harouff

    ReplyDelete