Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Crochet Pocket Shawls for My Mom and Myself, Crochet Pocket Shawl Patterns and Video Tutorials


Crochet pocket shawls are really big this year! So, of course, I had to make one for myself too!

I made this bright yellow one a couple of months ago. I chose simple crochet cables, which are made with front post treble crochets. I really like the texture of my shawl and the way it drapes! 

The yarn that I used is Impeccable by Loops & Threads. I have a lot of this yarn on hand. Last year, I bought several huge balls as it was on sale at Michael's. 




My mom really liked my pocket shawl though she wasn't too fond of the color. She says it's too bright for her age. I disagree, I don't think there should be any rules of what colors one can or cannot wear! 

But I respect my mom's preferences! Since she like the shawl, I decided to make one for her too! 

I used the same yarn (Impeccable by Loops & Threads), but in a neutral beige color, and for the texture I chose rows of what I believe is called arrow stitch.

The texture of this pocket shawl is more dense than of the previous one, so it took me a bit longer to finish this project. But I greatly enjoyed working on it, especially since I was making it for the dearest people of all - my Mom! 

I'm giving it to her for Christmas! 




 
I made very detailed video tutorials for both of these pocket shawls. They are on my YouTube channel

I also wrote the patterns, which are available for sale in my Etsy and Ravelry shops! 



Buy this pattern on Etsy or on Ravelry




Part 1



Part 2


Buy this pattern on Etsy or on Ravelry




2 comments: