Saturday, August 5, 2023

Gray, White, and Blue Stripes Baby Blanket, Crochet Pattern and Tutorial, Skill Level EASY



It had been ages since I crocheted a baby blanket! There are tons of baby blanket patterns on my blog, as I used to make a lot of them in the past! 

But then I shifted towards other crochet projects, and only would crochet a baby blanket if I was commissioned to do so. 

But now I had a reason to make this one! 

There is going to be a new baby in my extended family! It's going to be a baby boy, who is due to arrive in September! 


So, of course, I had to make a baby blanket! 

I used the yarn that I already had in my stash - Soft Baby Steps by Lion Brand. But I also had to use another skein of gray yarn as I only had four skeins of Soft Baby Steps. I'm not sure what that other skein of yarn was. It didn't have the label, but it was the same in thickness, though slightly different in shade. 

As you can see in the photos, I alternated the gray stripes for a symmetric look. 

Overall, I think it turned out pretty good! 

And the with the cost of yarn (and the cost of living in general) nowadays, I think it was quite clever of me! :) 



To achieve those beautiful vertical stripes, I crocheted the blanket along the length, not along the width. In other words, my starting chain was the length of the blanket. 

I worked with a hook size H (5 mm). 

The finished measurements are about 40 by 33 inches. 


 This is a very easy and enjoyable pattern with only one row repeat. It is suitable for beginners! 

Intermediate and advanced crocheters would love this pattern too! It's just so relaxing! And sometimes that's what an advanced crocheter wants - an easygoing, no-brainer pattern! 

The video tutorial is on my YouTube channel:



And the written pattern is on Etsy and Ravelry



No comments:

Post a Comment