Friday, August 25, 2023

Thread Crochet, Lacy Fans Stitch, Crochet Pattern and Video Tutorial

It had been a very long time since I crocheted with thread! And I really miss it! 

After all, that's how this blog of mine started back in 2011. Back then I was crocheting tons of doilies and wanted to archive all of them, so this blog came around. 

With time I switched to other types of crochet, but I have always had a special place in my heart for thread crochet! 


And now I'm going back to it! 

There is something magical and very romantic about thread crochet! 

The stitches are small and delicate. It takes much longer to complete a project with thread rather than yarn, but the final result is always outstanding!


The stitch that I'm sharing in this post is very simple, with only four repeating rows. It can be worked with yarn as well. 

But when worked with thread, its simplicity is just stunning! 


I can see a beautiful table runner worked in this stitch! 

Or a loosely fit summer top! You know the kind where you work two panels and simply do the shoulder and side seams! Simple, but elegant! 

I think this is a useful stitch to have in one's collection of crochet lacy stitches, whether you are going to make it with thread or yarn! 


 

As always, the free video tutorial is available on my Youtube channel. 

And the written pattern can be purchased for only a few dollars from my Etsy and Ravelry shops. 




2 comments: