Sunday, April 29, 2012

Doily of the Week #21: Vintage Doily and Roses from My Garden

Today I am sharing an old doily made by my mom many decades ago. From countless washings, the doily is totally out of shape, but it is still very dear to me.

I am also showing the first roses I picked this spring. They are called Bewitched Hybrid Tea.

vintage doily



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you would like your doily to be featured on Doily of the Week, e-mail me a picture. You can add a story of the doily if you wish. If you want me to link to your blog/website, indicate so in your e-mail and provide me with the html address.
The picture has to be taken by you (not a copy from a magazine or the Internet). By sending me the picture of your doily, you grant me the right to post it on Lacy Crochet only.
You can find my e-mail address in my profile.

I'm linking this post to Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home.

14 comments:

  1. Made by Mom is the best! And it is still totally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses and doilies, what a lovely combination!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are things that never loose their loveliness...
    Hug
    Have a nice week.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olga.. wanted to stop by and say I am glad you are one of my new followers.. I am following you now as well.. Your dollies are just beautiful.. I haven't made one yet but I think it will be something I would love to do!
    Have a very nice day!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    Beautiful doilies and roses.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful roses! Mine haven't bloomed yet. Waiting patiently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous doily and beautiful roses...what could be more lovely! I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that doily and the rose are just picture perfect! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roses & doilies...a perfect, BeAuTiFuL combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous doily!,share can I find the pattern?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry hun, I mentioned whare can I find the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry hun, I mentioned whare can I find the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous doily!,share can I find the pattern?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!, whare can I find the pattern?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete