Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Doily of the Week #27

My doily post is late this week because my baby got sick last weekend. I couldn’t think of anything other than my poor child. He is better now though not completely recovered yet.

I got this doily from my mom. She doesn’t like it and was going to rip it, so she could use the thread to make something else. I didn’t want the doily to be ripped and asked her if I could have it. I have tons of my own doilies, but most of them are round ones and I liked the unusual shape of this one. Of course, my mom let me have it.

lacy crochet doily

Here is what it looks like in the middle. I don’t know where the pattern came from. I suppose it’s from one of my mom’s Russian crochet magazines.


7 comments:

  1. What a great design, unusual shape. You have a beautiful collection of doilies. I hope your baby gets well soon.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little one, hope he's completely better quickly. This doily is just gorgeous. Glad you saw it before it got ripped out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your child is better by now...
    I'm happy for not ripping this doilie, i've seen this stitch in modern sweaters!
    By the way, in orthodox religion, today is your name day: OLGA
    http://www.pigizois.net/index2.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. An other beautiful doily !
    I hope your child is well now...
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow,beautiful work.
    Have nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this alot.

    Looks simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete