Monday, July 30, 2012

Doily of the Week #30



Here is another doily that I’m not sure whether I should keep or unravel it. As you can see in the picture, I didn’t cut off the thread yet.

I liked the original pattern and it was easy to crochet. But for some reason, it ruffled way too much. Usually a bit of ruffling is not a problem and a doily would straighten when blocked. I haven’t blocked this doily, but I am sure blocking wouldn’t solve the problem.

On the other hand, it does look unusual and somewhat cute.

The original pattern was from Panda Crochet. It’s called Small Exchange Doily (see in the list of free patterns) and it was very pretty in the original pattern. Too bad mine didn’t work out!

Unfortunately, the link to the pattern doesn't  work anymore. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful color for a gorgeous doily !
    Hug
    Have a nice day.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pretty,even with the ruffling. That kind of makes it sweet. If you have a spot in your home that could use a splash of the lilac color, I say keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olga, You are right, blocking will not solve this problem. The ruffling seems uneven so it might be better to unravel and start something new with this beautiful color. By the way, I forgot to mention that I am facing the same problem with the Crocus doily pattern and I tried it twice with different threads as well as hooks. The center seems too crowded and keeps folding over. Any ideas?
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My crocus doily did ruffle too but not as much as this lilac doily. After I blocked the crocus doily, it straightened.

      Delete