Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hand Towels with Crochet Lace

towels with crochet lace

Today I just want to share an idea how to embellish towels with crochet lace.

I added the lace to these hand towels last year. I remember I found a few patterns for crochet towel edgings on the Internet, but when I tried them I didn’t like any. So I just came up with my own pattern. Unfortunately, I don’t have it written down.

I crocheted two strips of lace and then used a sewing machine to sew them on the towels.

Here is the “before” picture.



I hope you are having a great week. And to those of you in the USA

Happy Independence Day!

9 comments:

  1. Son preciosas !!!

    Un besito desde Barcelona !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing difference. The embellished pieces are lovely by themselves, but it was a great idea to show before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I wouldn't want to use them either! I would just display them so I can look at them. Company can too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful.. I wouldn't use them at all. Purple is really not my favorite color but this is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking of making some as gifts this year. Do you wash the towel and the edging before you sew the lace on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, actually I didn't wash neither towels no lace. To be honest, I'm wondering what they will look like after washing. I have had these towels for a while, but I haven't used them yet. Just have them on display now and then.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous ! The little flowers, the colors you choose and the lace...
    Have a great day !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous ! The little flowers, the colors you choose and the lace...
    Have a great day !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI OLGA
    GREAT JOB! I LOVE THE DOILIES TOO!
    BEAUTIFUL BLOG, CONGRATS!!
    HAVE A NICE WEEK
    MIVA

    ReplyDelete