Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tablecloth Update


It feels like I’ve been crocheting this tablecloth forever. My original deadline date was Christmas, but of course that never happened. I no longer give myself deadlines but rather work on it in between my other crochet projects.



I now have 9 motifs done. Here I placed them next to each other on my table and they cover half of it. I’m still not sure if should make the tablecloth 3 or 4 motifs wide.

Three motifs barely cover the width of the table, but there is going to be trim crocheted as well. What is more, I should take into account that the tablecloth will stretch once I block it.



This is the mistake I made with this round tablecloth. As I was crocheting it, I intentionally made it bigger to fit my outside round table. I wanted the row of the pineapples to start right at the edge of the table.

But look what happened after I blocked it. The pineapples are way too low!


Crochet Tablecloth


I was telling my mom the other day that I want to unravel this tablecloth and make it all over, but smaller, so that it would fit the table perfectly. To which my mom replied: Don’t you dare!

The pattern for the tablecloth I'm working on right now is here

I'm linking this post to Open House link party at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog.

17 comments:

  1. Your table cloth looks lovely! You have put in lot of hard work in it!:) I am not an expert on washing/ blocking but I feel you make it less wider and add a thick band of dtrs as border and then start your trim. In this case, if you stretch then the thick border even if stays on table or fall a little will still look good. But if you make the table cloth more wider, then some part of your motif may fall. I hope I am not confusing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a mi me parece que esta precioso, yo no lo desharía...; un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry that the pineapples are lower than you wanted them to be. Your tablecloth looks wonderful and you are very very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Olga don't unravel it!!!! It's so gorgeous!!! Just buy a bigger table!! LOL
    Have a great day, penny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness your table cloth is lovely I do love the design You did say your squares are larger and they are beautiful. As for your round pineapple tablecloth i am with your Mother DON'T YOU DARE rip it out...:)it is beautiful.

    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom is right ...Don't you dare! Tablecloth is beautiful...Take care, Kamilla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen to your mother that Pineapple tablecloth is beautiful. Pineapple's are my favorite motif I agee with Knot Forgotten Studio just buy a larger table. Marlene mplemel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a courageous woman !!!
    Big Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Olga que atrevida querer desarmar, eso es ser muy puntillosa jajaja... pero se ve genial y el nuevo es un gran trabajo muy delicado y como lo termines quedara divino, pregunto si le aras un borde con puntilla? o le agregaras mas motivos que caigan? seguro que va a quedar hermoso como sea porque tus manos siguen a tu corazón y crean muy bonitos resultados besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brave work, Olga!How beautiful!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, and I LOVE the round pineapple! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be a lot easier to extend the table top size to "meet" the tablecloth. Or put the tablecloth inside a bag and wash with very hot water and shrink it a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called the "Square a Day" pattern. How long does it take for you to make each square? :-)

      Delete
    2. I only work on this project in between other crocheting projects. It's quite boring crocheting these squares and they are too big to be made in one day. I can make one in a week if not crocheting anything else.

      Delete
  13. I like the finished look but I think I'd also be bored making the squares. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there a printed pattern for the Pineapple round tablecloth???

    ReplyDelete