Sunday, June 30, 2013

Quick Crochet Flowers



I already have a bunch of crochet flowers that I don’t have immediate use for. But it’s nice to have them on hand to use for gift wrap. I have flowers in different sizes and colors, so that I can pick one that matches the wrapping paper.

I just added another three flowers to my bunch. They are quick and easy to make.

I made them with thick cotton thread, but I think the pattern should work with yarn as well. My flowers came out about 3 inches in diameter.




Ch 10, join into ring with sl st.



Round 1: ch 1, 14 dc in ring, sl st to join the round.



Round 2: *ch 10, skip 1 sc, sc in next ch* 6 times, ch 10, sk 1 sc, st st into next sc.



Round 3: sl st to 1st ch of ch-10, *ch 3, sl st into next ch* around the petal. Make the remaining 6 petals in the same way. Fasten off.


2 comments: