Saturday, October 13, 2012

Doilies and Tea

If you follow my blog, you must know how much I love to crochet doilies. But I love using my doilies just as much as I love to crochet them. 


One of the ways I use my doilies is for tea settings. Sometimes when my youngsters take their naps, I treat myself to a cup of tea. I love to make a small occasion out of it. I brew a cup of tea, allow myself a small (and sometimes not so small) sweet treat, and use one of my doilies to make a pretty setting. Occasionally I would add a good book as well!
That’s my idea of relaxing half an hour. 

I want to share some of the pictures of my tea festivities.

A beige doily on snow white tablecloth looks very dainty. 

A small pineapple doily that my mom made for me.


 

The same doily as above. 


  

These are not really doilies. They look more like lacy placemats. I have two of them; made by my mom.

 

A medium-sized blue doily on white tablecloth.




And a small violet doily.

I'm linking this post to 
Link Your Stuff at Annamarie's Haakblog

13 comments:

  1. Hola Olga muy hermosos todas tus carpetitas, el ratito que te tomas de descanso un lujo que con niños es poco probable que suceda jajaja, pero cuando se puede lo aprovechamos que placer!!! y se ve que estaba bien acompañado el té muy hermosas tus flores y el jazmín Paraguayo con su perfume maravilloso y sus tonos azules violacios divino, te dejo un besito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully spend your spare time! I really like this last napkin :)) Yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful.....you not only crochet wonderfully, but your photography is awesome as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Anytime! I'm always glad to have a friend over for a cup of tea ;-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Olga, Your photos are always so beautiful....and so tempting! Thanks for sharing these lovely teatimes with us. You are lucky you can use your doilies. With two "boys" at home, I have to keep my doilies locked up as they don't care for "those lacy things".
    :(
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Olga, for sharing your doilies, place mats and tea time. I, too , am a tea person. Actually, my son and I used to do a little "tea" time when he was younger. By the way, I really am attracted to a few of your tea cups and saucers. Do you happen to know the name of the pattern of the tea cup and saucer in picture #2, w/your mom's pineapple doily? Also wondering about the name of the pattern of tea cup and saucer in picture #5 on the blue doily. Are you a collector? Just wondering. Thanks, again,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet,
      I'm not really a collector, but occasionally I treat myself with a new lovely cup from a thrift store or a yard sale. And I got a few from friends or family.
      I got the teacup in picture #2 from my mom. She used to have the entire set, but now only three cups and saucers are left. They were made in Russia at the times it still was the Soviet Union. I don't know anything else about that cup.
      The teacup in picture #5 was a present from Denmark. It's Royal Copenhagen "Blue Fluted Plain" High Handle teacup and saucer.
      Thanks again for visiting my blog and your comment.

      Delete
  7. You make such beautiful vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We know your doilies are lovely, but I was intrigued by the pastries too! LOL they looked delicious!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precioso trabajo, me encanta tu blog, tienes cosas verdaderamente preciososas... Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olga, thank you for visiting and follow my blog! I love your pictures, and the tea cups! I am a tea person myself and I collect tea pots and cups. Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete