Friday, October 19, 2012

Thread Appliques, Symbol Charts


Thread appliques can be used in many ways. They can adore pillow cases, cushion covers, little girls’ dresses, tote bags, etc. They can also be used for card making. The possibilities are endless.




I came up with these five designs, though I don’t know yet what I’m going to use them for.

In the November issue of Country Living (on page 97) I saw a pretty linen cushion with a white fern design on it. I might attempt making something similar using #4 and/or #5 designs.

I made symbol charts as it was much easier than writing instructions. I don’t have a special symbol chart making software, so I just drew them by hand. I know not everyone can use/understand symbol charts, but I hope they will be useful to those who can.


I'm linking to  Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home,
Link Your Stuff at Annamarie's Haakblog

6 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. I can think of so many ways you can use them. Put them on a pillow like you said, on a quilt block, in a scrapbook album, a bookmark, at the end of a handtowel in a guestroom,make a hanging heart to put some on, and even a journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these applique OLGA you can you them to decorate a plain vest for a little girl or a bag i just did something for my little grand daughter it was a pattern at caron international but with embrodery crochet is a lot easier for me .have a great day
    Amani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful motifs Olga! They would be so pretty decorating a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ! Delicate and so romantic...
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice Sunday.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and intricate looking! Really, really pretty!

    *waves hello* from a new follower, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete