Friday, August 7, 2020

Crochet Lace Summer Scarf, Alize Bahar Cotton Yarn, New Crochet Pattern and Video Tutorial


Happy August dear friends! 

Even though this summer I am not enjoying the beach or traveling on any vacations, I still try to enjoy every sunny day! 

I go for a lot of walks, and sometimes I spend solo time crocheting by the small lake in the park across the road from my home!
  

And my recent crochet creation is a lacy scarf made with 100% mercerized cotton! 

I crocheted this scarf along the length, not along the width the way I usually do, and I love the way it turned out! 

The specific yarn that I used is Alize Bahar 100% Mercerized Cotton (2 skeins, 274 yards each skein). And I worked with a hook size E (3.5 mm).

 




Only basic stitches are used in this design, so it will be suitable for crochet beginners! 

The final measurements of my scarf are 58 inches long and 9.5 inches wide, but the pattern can be easily adjusted to any custom size! 

This stitch will also work for a variety of other crochet projects, such as a summer top or blouse, beach or swim pool coverup, perhaps a table runner or a tablecloth, etc.

I created a very detailed video tutorial: 


I also have the pattern available in the written form in my Etsy and Ravelry shops! 




2 comments: