Sunday, July 17, 2022

5 Crochet Tips/Tricks that I OFTEN use but DON'T SHOW in my tutorials

In my latest Youtube video I shared five crochet tips or tricks that I often use but never really show in my video tutorials. 

The reason I don't show them is not because these are some secret crochet tips that I want to keep to myself, but simply because if I did mention them in each and every of my video tutorials, my videos would be very long and repetitive. 

But these are some very helpful and useful tips that can greatly improve the quality of one's crochet.


 

These five tricks are:

1. Using a larger size hook for starting chain (especially when working with mercerized cotton). 

2. Adding a couple of extra chains to my starting chains (especially if my starting chain is long). 

3. Crocheting under one loop vs. crocheting under two loops when working the first row. 

4. Staring a row with three chains (which count as 1st double crochet) vs. starting a row with a beginning double crochet. 

5. At the end of the row, working the last double crochet into the second (or middle) chain of turning three chains instead of working it into the third (or top) chain. 

For more information and explanations, watch my video.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the tips. The first one is particularly helpful, since I have a hard time with long starting chains since I tend to tighten the stitches too much!

    ReplyDelete