Thursday, September 24, 2026

Crochet Pumpkin Baby Hat Pattern, Easy Fall Crochet Pattern


There is something especially sweet about crocheting for a baby, and even more so when the project is inspired by autumn.

I recently crocheted this little pumpkin hat for my baby niece, and it was such a fun project to make. The pumpkin shape, the warm orange color, and especially the little stem with its curly tendrils make this hat feel like a tiny piece of fall.

If you have a new baby or grandbaby, niece, or little one in your family, this would make such a sweet handmade gift for the autumn season. And because it is a small project, you can enjoy making something special without taking weeks to finish it.




When I made this little pumpkin hat for my baby niece, I wanted to use a soft yarn with a beautiful autumn color, and Twisp by HiKoo was a perfect choice. 

It’s a sport-weight (Category 2) yarn made from 70% Pima cotton, 20% bamboo viscose, and 10% hemp. 

I used one 50-gram skein in Tangerine for the hat and just a small amount of Pear for the stem and those cute little tendrils, working with an F/3.75 mm crochet hook. 



The finished hat is designed for a 3–6 month baby and measures approximately 15 inches around and 6 inches tall, not including the stem. 

The pattern is easy to work, and one of my favorite things about this little hat is the beautiful textured, ribbed fabric. The texture is created using front post double crochet stitches, which form the raised ridges and give the hat that wonderful pumpkin-inspired look. 

It’s a simple technique that creates a lovely effect without making the project complicated.


If you’d like to make this little pumpkin hat for a special baby in your life, you can find the written crochet pattern on Etsy and Ravelry.


I hope you’ll enjoy making this sweet little autumn project as much as I did. It would make such a lovely handmade gift for a baby or grandbaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment