Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lacy Infinity Scarf in Burgundy Color



When I was making my Lacy Infinity Scarf last summer, I had no idea it would become the most popular item on my blog. The stitch was quite simple, and I used the yarn that I had previously tried for other projects, so I really didn’t expect anything that awesome to come out of it. However, once the scarf was finished and I tried it on, I was amazed how beautiful and stylish it looked.

Most of the time I don’t like crocheting the same thing more than once, but this scarf is an exception. I was very flattered when a couple of months ago a lady from the Netherlands contacted me to commission this scarf. I was pleased and proud that someone so far away wanted to have something I made.

It seems to me this might be a good idea to have a few of such scarves on hand in case someone would like to purchase it or for presents. Besides, I really want to see what this scarf will look like in other colors.

The yarn used for this scarf is quite expansive, and so far I only made one more in deep burgundy color. It turned out stunning!










I used Baby Alpaca Plymouth Yarn, Color Fawn (5 balls are required). And my free pattern  is available here.






More scarf and cowl patterns from my shop:


 



20 comments:

  1. A beautiful Infinity Scarf.
    Thanks for the pattern. :-)
    Bye, bye Elli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Beautiful as always Olga! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Lovely color and lovely pattern and so fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous scarf, gorgeous colour, thank you for sharing! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! The burgundy really looks elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, stunning! Such a rich, pretty color. Happy weekend to you - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so pretty! I need to make one too!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, indeed !!!! And the color ! Chic !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. This scarf is stunning and beautiful and I love your color choice of yarn Olga! Have a nice weekend.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing infinity scarf! Love the color too!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful and looks so soft and warm. Love the color. Thanks for sharing this at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous color and pattern. Squishy good! Thank you for sharing.
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/02/bonfire-wedding-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so beautiful & i love the color ,thanks a lot for sharing . I love all your crochet patterns ,you are so generous & i want to say ,THANK YOU, love from IRAN.zohreh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Красивый шарф, хорошо сочетаются цвет узор и размеры! С уважением!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your scarf is lovely and the colour is so rich - thank you for sharing your pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty and a gorgeous colour too x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Count me among your most recent fans. I found you while linking around looking for baby garment ideas and patterns.
    Please know that my church offered prayers for Ukraine last Sunday, and will likely do so again tomorrow.
    I have tried making those gorgeous booties from several posts back, but I'm a little new to crocheting that is more than just back and forth, and had a little trouble in the transitions from the foot to the shelled upper part. I understand all the stitches -- to me, the hardest part of crochet is understanding where to place the hook when in a transition. I have ended up with 2 booties -- which don't match! Will be giving another go soon.

    And the scarf is lovely. I should try it to build my confidence

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful Olga. Love the color.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous, gotta make one myself! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete