Thursday, August 14, 2014

Preemie Baby Crochet Hats


One of the customers from my Etsy shop contacted me asking about preemie patterns, and I realized that I didn’t have any. I added “preemie patterns” to my list of crochet ideas and projects to do. And this is the first preemie pattern that I’ve made.

I used size F crochet hook and baby sport yarn (Beehive Baby Sport by Patons). The finished hat measures approximately 13 inches in circumference, and 5 inches in height, quite small.

I used the same stitch that I used for the last baby blanket I made. And I love how this beanie turned out. I made five of them as I wanted to try different color combinations. It also looks cute when made with variegated yarn.

 I will be mailing these preemie baby hats to Stitches from the Heart charity.








6 comments:

  1. Great hats Olga, and preemies need them more than anyone.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...all of them...
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a wonderful Lady Olga, but I already knew that. The hats are so cute and I know the little ones will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ольга, красивые шапки, узор и пряжа замечательные.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these little hats xxx Pat

    ReplyDelete