Thursday, April 11, 2013

Simple and Pretty Crochet Stitch







I was going to use this stitch (though not this yarn) to make my next baby blanket. 



But I decided to take a break from crocheting blankets. Right now I’m really caught up in a new project (which I’m going to tell you all about in my next post). Besides, there is still an unfinished table cloth waiting, and I have a cross-stitch project that has been on hold for quite a while too.




So this stitch will have to wait for me, but perhaps you would like to try it. 




Multiple of 6 plus 3.

Row 1: (4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in 5th ch from hook, *sk 5 ch, (4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in next ch* across, dc in last ch. Ch 3, turn.

Row 2: (4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in next ch-3 space across, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch-3. Ch 3, turn.

Repeat Row 2.  


14 comments:

  1. It is a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a lovely stitch pattern, I can see it as a scarf or a blanket. Thanks for posting it.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely pattern. Have a fun filled weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nice stitch! Thanks for sharing:)
    Would you be interested in joining a SAL for your cross stitch project with me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ! There is an award for you on my blog !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pattern, thank you so much for sharing. I can see this as a nice summer blanket for those somewhat cooler evenings. This is being added to my to do list. The tablecloth is so pretty, what an heirloom! Looking forward to your next post and what you are working on. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiquei muito feliz em conhecer o seu blog, achei lindo!!Maravilhoso. Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Простенький, но мною любимый. Я комбинировала этот узор с Ирландией, получилось неплохо.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pattern! I've already made 3 scarves out of this pattern and it turns out beautifully. Working on a Valentine's Day scarf for my son's 2nd grade teacher right now. I'm doing it all in a deep red and the stitch really pops. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used this stitch on a Hat and scarf. The recipient loved it

    ReplyDelete
  11. What kind of border would you recommend if using this stitch for baby blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was looking for something like this. Thank you so much for the pattern, I like your style.

    ReplyDelete